iPad meeting for 7th grade parents Sept. 4
A Message from Principal Tracy:
This message is a reminder to Grade 7 families and new Grade 8 families that tonight at 6:00 P.M. in the CEMS Cafeteria we are hosting an informational session about our iPad program. We also wanted to provide some clarification about the agenda for the evening. A few points in response to some questions being raised:
- Students are not required to attend and do not need to attend
- iPads will not be distributed at tonight's session
- This meeting is a requirement of the MLTI program, and we encourage you to attend to hear about important parts of the distribution plan, the philosophy for intended uses, and some opportunities for parent education about managing the devices
- Establishment of the Apple ID and obtaining a password directly from Apple is an essential first step to your student's receipt and use of the iPad
- Stations will be set up after the presentation to set up the ID and password if you have not already completed the steps that were outlined in the e-mail that you should have received directly from Apple
- If you have not received that e-mail, or have not yet completed that process, you will have the opportunity to let us know that tonight
- Information about ongoing opportunities for parent education and materials from this evening will also be made available on the webpage and continue to be shared with you via e-mail
- There will be an opportunity to ask questions and talk with our technicians
To provide some background about the Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI), all Maine schools who are enrolled in the MLTI program are required to host parent meetings to inform the parent community about the program, school expectations for proper use and care, take home policies, and Internet Safety programs.
During tonight's meeting we will be informing parents about Cape Elizabeth's educational goals, and how the MLTI program supports those goals.
We feel that MLTI devices should not go home until parents have an understanding of everyone's roles and responsibilities.