Cape Elizabeth School Board Regular Business Meeting
November 13, 2018 6:30 PM
Council Chambers, Cape Elizabeth Town Hall
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO AGENDA
2. APPROVAL OF SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES
a. Regular Business Meeting, Tuesday, October 9, 2018
b. Emergency Board Meeting, Thursday, October 11, 2018
3. COMMENTS BY STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES
4. COMMENTS FROM PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS [ per SBoard Policy BEDH]
• Peter Esposito- High School Lunch Program
• David Galvan- District SRO Program
6. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS
b. Director of Special Services
c. Director of Teaching & Learning
d. Business Manager
e. Superintendent’s Report, including October student enrollment
• Susana Measelle Hubbs & Heather Altenburg- “Drive in Chair Workshop” review.
• John Volz- Resolution Results.
7. Motion to approve the withdrawal of Cape Elizabeth High School from the National School Lunch Program.
8. Consideration and action to approve the following 2018-19 administrative and athletic extracurricular personnel nominations:
9. Consideration of the following policies first reading. (no vote required)
• JLCC- Communicable/Infectious Diseases
• EBAA- Chemical Hazards
• IHBAL- Grievance Procedure for Persons with Disabilities
• ADAA- School System Commitment to Standards for Ethical and Responsible Behavior
• ADC- Use of Tobacco Products and Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
10. Consideration and action to delete the following policy as presented:
• KLF- Community Services Program
• KLF-R Community Services Program- Guidelines
• JLCCA- AIDS (HIV) Attendance Policy
11. Committee Reports
• Policy Committee- Elizabeth Scifres
• PATHS General Advisory Committee-Hope Straw
• Tech Committee- M. Nasir Shir
12. Request for Future School Board Meeting items
13. Upcoming Meetings
• November Workshop- Date/Time/Location TBA
• Needs Assessment Committee Meeting, November 7, 2018, Cape Elizabeth High School Library, 6:30 PM.
• Policy Committee Meeting, November 27, 2018, 3:00 PM, Jordan Conference Room, Town Hall.
14. Consideration to Adjourn