4th Grade Parents - Please mark your calendars to join us for a physically distant 4th Grade Parade on Friday June 5th at 1pm along the BUS LOOP!
Cars with parents and students safely inside should line up in the BUS LOOP
, and we'll parade past teachers and staff standing on the sidewalk for a rousing send off and final goodbye wave to Pond Cove School together!
Plan to decorate the passenger side of your vehicle, and have your 4th grader seated on that side of the vehicle as well. Teachers and staff will be lined up on the sidewalk around the BUS LOOP.
No one is permitted out of their vehicles, or to walk the parade route, as we must maintain a 6ft distance for teachers and staff.
Superintendent Wolfrom has given us permission to hold the parade, with the caveat that this event must meet and follow the current governmental physical distancing and CEPD guidelines:
- Parents and students must stay inside their vehicles at all times.
No one is allowed to walk the parade route.
- We'll progress slowly, and parents should not stop their vehicles along the parade route, unless all cars have to come to a halt due to traffic back-up.
- Seatbelts should be worn at all times, and children should not sit outside the vehicle (i.e through a sunroof). Rolling down car windows is appropriate.
- Maintain a 6ft distance from the teachers and staff, who'll be standing along the perimeter of the BUS LOOP. Teachers and staff are encouraged to wear masks as current governmental guidelines mandate.
- Most importantly - have fun with it! Signs, balloons, streamers, noise makers, and horns should DEFINITELY be used. Let's send our 4th graders off LOUD and PROUD as only Pond Cove can!
We can use the High School parking lot for staging and exciting, to avoid traffic delays on Ocean Hose Road. There will be signs marking the entrance route into the BUS LOOP.